Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Withering away.


I grew up in a family that loves to cook, and when you love to cook, you love to eat. Last year a friend of mine got pregnant and I was so judge-mental. She was very fit and always informed me if I was making a poor choice in the food department. She ate lean meals and very rarely consumed sugar. When she got pregnant she basically threw her health out the window. She lived off of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and fried food her whole pregnancy. I remember she got a burger and fries for lunch and within an hour she was on her way to getting a second burger and fries. I couldn't believe she just treated her pregnancy as a hall pass. I kept thinking "pregnancy is a time to treat your body better, a time to give your baby all the nutrients you can" I got so angry when people would have the mindset "I'm going to get fat anyway, might as well snarf it down while I can." Boy was I wrong! Not only are you hungry enough to eat your own foot, but sometimes, healthy doesn't sound good at all! I have been the opposite of most women. I gave up a lot of my sugar cravings and most of my fried food faves when I got pregnant. I love eggs, fruit, whole wheat bread, sandwiches and salads. I would be lying if I didn't say I craved cereal on a daily basis and I cannot stop thinking about this turkey leg from Disneyland. I'm sure this health kick craving will be short lived, but I hope I can balance out cravings and nutrition throughout my pregnancy. One thing I've learned the hard way, don't judge that pregnant woman you see scarfing down a chili dog, she needs it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.